It is hoped that you will be happy with the work that I do for you but where you are unhappy for any reason I recognise that you may wish to make a complaint.
Where the instruction to which the complaint concerned was through Clerksroom then the initial complaint can be made to me directly and I will forward it to Clerksroom or you can complain directly to Clerksroom and it will be handled in accordance with their complaints policy.
Where the complaint is in relation to a direct access instruction then the complaint should in the first instance be made to me directly.
The complaint, where possible, should be sent by email and should set out:
- your name and contact details;
- details of the complaint;
- what you are seeking by way of resolution.
I will deal with the complaint in the following way:
- Complaints will be acknowledged within 3 working days;
- Within 14 days of receipt a response in writing will be provided either dealing with the claim in full or identifying and requesting additional information if necessary.
- I may propose a telephone discussion, video-conference or a meeting in person to discuss the complaint.
- If I have requested additional information then upon receipt of that information the complaint will be fully investigated and a written response issued within 14 days of receipt of the additional information.
- The written response will set out details for referral to the Legal Ombudsman if the complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved.